What is the Data Science for the Public Good Program?
The Data Science for the Public Good (DSPG) program is the first of its kind immersive program held in Turkey. The program engages students to work together on projects that address public challenges around critical social issues relevant in our cities today. DSPG participants conduct research at the intersection of statistics, computation, and the social sciences to determine how information generated within every community can be leveraged to improve quality of life and inform public policy.
This program is carried out under the leadership of the University of Virginia, The Coding Society, CADS @ TEDU, Istasyon TEDU and the United States Embassy. Also, it is open to other institutions that want to be partners of the program.
Content of the Program
- A free-of-charge and world-class 140-hour training from the experts.
- A unique opportunity for students from many different disciplines, especially social sciences.
- Team work:The students admitted to the program will be assigned into teams to solve the social challenges presented by the municipalities.
- Working together with the experts from the municipalities in Istanbul and Ankara, using real data.
- Project Presentation (Symposium): An opportunity for participants to present their projects to non-governmental organizations, public institutions and companies from many different fields.